Now viewing: All news
- WADA accredited Almaty anti-doping analysis laboratoryThe World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has approved a new laboratory in Kazakhstan to test athletes' samples for performance enhancing drugs, the agency reports.
- Azerbaijan Islamic Party head accused of coup attemptThe leader of Islamic Party of Azerbaijan Movsum Samadov has been accused of coup attempt, the agency reports.
- Video games 'more dangerous' than drugsPsychologists say as many as one in 30 computer game players have symptoms similar to those of gambling and drug addicts, the agency reports.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for January 22, 23, 24:
- Fresh Pizzas Not Always Healthier Than FrozenA new study has revealed that some frozen pizzas are healthier than fresh versions, the agency reports.
- U.S. State Department not to use 'mother,' father' words on passport applicationsThe U.S. State Department removed words 'mother' and 'father' from U.S. passport applications and replaced with 'parent one' and 'parent two', the agency reports.
- Zenith rocket and space satellite Electro-L launched from BaikonurZenith rocket and space satellite Electro-L launched from Baikonur
- Tired drivers drive as if drunkA new study found driver tiredness after a few hours has the same effect as being behind the wheel drunk, the agency reports.
- Life came from outer spaceNASA revealed that raw ingredients carried to Earth by meteorites may have been the seed of life on our planet, the agency reports.
- Nurofen and Voltaren can increase risk of heart attackThe new study revealed that drugs such as Nurofen and Voltaren can significantly increase the risk of heart attack and stroke, the agency reports.
- Alcoholism breaks marriagesA new study claims that alcohol influences the time one gets married, as well as whether those marriages are successful, the agency reports.
- European Parliament calls for new elections in BelarusThe European Parliament has confirmed a joint resolution condemning the violent crackdown in Belarus following last month's presidential election calling for new elections in Belarus, the agency reports.
- Oil prices fell down to $2World prices fell down to $2 per barrel, the agency reports.
- Antioxidants may improve male fertilityAntioxidants may improve male fertility
- IEA doubles global gas reserves estimatesThe International Energy Agency revised world gas reserves stating the world may have twice as much natural gas than previously thought, the agency reports.
- Kazakh President promises to accept referendum's decisionThe President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, promises to accept the decision made by the referendum concerning extending his presidential term, taking into account the interests of the people and the state, the president's press service reports.