Now viewing: All news
- Sitting in your cosy home stops you from burning caloriesA new study has suggested that prolonged exposure to comfortable warm temperatures may permanently reduce the body's ability to burn brown fat, the agency reports.
- Fitness guru Jack LaLanne dead at 96The fitness guru, Jack LaLanne, passed away on Sunday at the age of 96, the agency reports.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for January 27:
- Overweight women have more complicated birthsA study has found that overweight pregnant women are more likely to be overdue and have more complicated births, the agency reports.
- Kazakhstan fines Karachaganak gas project on environment breachesKazakhstan fined the consortium that runs the large Karachaganak natural gas project approximately $27 million for environmental violations last year, the Ecology Ministry said in a statement on Tuesday, the agency reports.
- 'Smart' eyeglasses invented in FinlandFinnish schientists invented 'smart' eyeglasses, the agency reports.
- Scientists claim common garden weed 'cures skin cancer'Scientists claim common garden weed 'cures skin cancer'
- Michael Jackson's doctor pleaded not guiltyMichael Jackson's doctor has pleaded not guilty and is ready to go to trial on a charge of involuntary manslaughter in the superstar's death, the agency reports.
- Toyota recalls nearly 1.7 million vehiclesToyota is recalling nearly 1.7 million cars throughout the world for various defects that may cause fuel leakage, the agency reports.
- Divorce is tougher on boys than on girlsA new study has reported that divorce is tougher on boys than on girls, the agency reports.
- Moscow mourns victims of airport terror attackA day of mourning will be observed today in Moscow to commemorate the 35 people killed in a terrorist attack at Moscow's Domodedovo airport on Monday, the agency reports.
- The brains behind the obesity problemResearch during the past two decades has raised public awareness of the brain's role in regulating how much food we eat and why we overeat, the agency reports.
- WEF to launch risk network to mitigate future threatsThe World Economic Forum will launch a network of a community of officials who will assess risks aimed at better reacting to events and mitigating future threats, the agency reports.
- It will take you five years and seven attempts to quit smokingA new study has revealed that the average smoker takes five years and seven attempts to give up smoking, the agency reports.
- Police smashed baby trafficking ring in Greece, BulgariaPolice have arrested at least 11 people for allegedly trafficking babies in Bulgaria and Greece, the agency reports.
- Gene that can stop cancer cells spread foundGene that can stop cancer cells spread found
- BBC World Service closes five language servicesThe BBC World Service is to close five of its language services to cut costs, which the BBC has to make after its government support was cut, the agency reports.
- World Economic Forum started its work todayThe five-day World Economic Forum (WEF) Annual Meeting 2011 will start today in the Swiss town Davos, the agency reports.