Now viewing: All news
- Chinese national bank raises interest ratesChina's central bank has raised its one-year lending rate and one-year depost rate, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Saudi Arabia may have overestimated its oil reserves by 40 %U.S. diplomatic cables informed that Saudi Arabia may have exaggerated its crude oil reserves by 40 %, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for February 10:
- Al Qa'ida group calls for holy war in EgyptAl-Qaida-front group has called on Egyptian protesters to wage holy war and push for a government based on Islamic law, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- All mobile phones will have uniform chargersAll mobile phones will have uniform chargers, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Too many late nights increase risk of heart diseaseDoctors warn too many sleepless nights increase the risk of dying from heart disease, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- USA deploys female teams in AfghanistanU.S. Special Operations Command is deploying special female "cultural support teams" in Afghanistan, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Some people are born to be negativeA new study has claimed some people are born to be pessimistic due to chemicals in the brain that affect how they deal with stressful situations, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Silvio Berlusconi to face underage sex chargesItalian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi will face court over underage sex claims, a judicial official said, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Car's size asteroid getting close to EarthAn asteroid about the size of a car will pass close by Earth on Wednesday at 23.30 Almaty time, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- National Bank of Kazakhstan confirmed inflation forecastThe head of the National Bank of Kazakhstan, Grigory Marchenko, confirmed during an online-conference that inflation in 2011 will be between 6-8%, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- UK begins construction of Bloodhound supercarThe UK has begun construction of 'the world's fastest car', Kazakhstan Today reports.
- US signs fuel deal over Afghanistan airbaseThe U.S. signed a deal over Afghanistan fuel contract allowing Manas Refuelling Complex in Kyrgyzstan to supply 20 % of fuel to the Manas Air Base, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- British granny foils jewel thieves with her bagA grandmother in Britain foiled jewel thieves with her bag, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Egypt has power transfer planVice President of Egypt Omar Suleiman has said the Egyptian government has a pan for the peaceful transfer of power, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- January total international reserves in Kazakhstan increased by 10.14 %Total international reserves in January, 2010 increased by 10.14 % and amounted to $31 158.2 million, Kazakhstan Today reports.