Now viewing: All news
- Child's murderer executed in DubaiA 30-year-old assistant boat captain was executed in Dubai for murder and rape of a four-year-old boy, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for February 12, 13, 14:
- Russia warns Japan over Pacific island issueRussia has reprimanded Japan on Friday over its recent behaviour in a dispute over a group of Pacific islands, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Nokia, Microsoft strike dealNokia has announced that it will adopt Microsoft's Windows Phone as its main platform on smart phones, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Saudi Arabia requested US to back MubarakKing of Saudi Arabia Abdullah has told the American President Barack Obama to back Hosni Mubarak, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Spice drug turmeric fights stroke damageA new research has revealed a drug derived from the spice turmeric could be used to aid stroke patients, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Incumbent Kazakh president agrees to run for re-electionIncumbent Kazakh President, Nursultan Nazarbayev, has agreed to run in the early presidential elections as a candidate of the People's Democratic Party Nur Otan, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Pain reduced if you do not look awayA study has revealed watching yourself having an injection can reduce your pain, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- KNB Frontier Service head replacedThe President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, has appointed new Director of Frontier Service of National Security Committee, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- NASA's nanosatellites will go to spaceNASA's nanosatellites will go to space, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Nazarbayev named presidential candidate by Nur OtanThe People's Democratic Party Nur Otan has nominated its chairman Nursultan Nazarbayev as a presidential candidate. This was an initiative of the rector of Semipalatinsk State University named after Shakarim, the head of the initiative group for referendum to prolong presidential term of the current president of Kazakhstan, Erlan Sydykov, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Five oil firms became victims of Chinese hackersThe Chinese hackers have cracked computer systems of five transnational oil and gas corporations and have stolen the confidential data about industrial processes and plans, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Kazakh President signed law on mortgage guaranteeThe head of state signed the law on the amendments and additions to the acts concerning mortgage lending and protection of the rights of consumers of financial services and investors, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Oil prices riseU.S. crude futures rose above $87.40 a barrel, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Hosni Mubarak refuses to step downPresident of Egypt, Hosni Mubarak, announced he would not step down from the presidency but would hand his powers over to Vice President Omar Suleiman, Kazakhstan Today reports.