Now viewing: All news
- Moscow airport terrorist father called his son "zombie"Moscow airport terrorist's father said his son would never have done this unless he was hypnotised, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Nazarbayev will visit China next weekThe leader of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, will visit China next week, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for February 15:
- U.S. State Department launched Farsi Twitter to reach Internet users in IranThe U.S. State Department began sending Twitter messages in Farsi on Sunday in the hopes of connecting with Internet users in Iran, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- China became second world's economyChina has become second world's biggest economy, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Alcohol kills more than AIDS, TB or violenceThe World Health Organization warned alcohol causes nearly 4 percent of deaths worldwide, more than AIDS, tuberculosis or violence, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Five candidates to run for presidential election in KazakhstanFive applicants intend to take part in early election for the president's post in Kazakhstan, which will be held on April, 3, 2011, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Cold causes fat burn off helping to lose weight and reduce heart diseaseA new research has suggested cold can help to lose weight and decrease the risk of heart disease, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Mubarak may be held to account for stealing public fundsEx-President of Egypt Hosni Mubarak can be held to account for stealing state funds, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Italy protests over Berlusconi's sex scandalThousands of Italians took to the streets in 200 cities across the country Sunday in protest against sex scandal demanding prime minister Silvio Berlusconi to resign, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Italy declares state of emergencyThe Italian government has declared a state of emergency over influx of 5,000 illegal immigrants from north Africa, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Chile hit by powerful earthquakeChile has been hit by a 6.6-magniture earthquake, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- King Tut statue stolen from Egypt's museumA statue of King Tutankhamun and other artifacts have been stolen from the Egypt's museum, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Central Election Committee approved Nazarbayev' candidature for president's postThe Central Election Commission signed a resolution on compliance of the candidature to the president of the Republic of Kazakhstan with the the requirements of the Constitution and the Law on Election in Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Egypt's President resignedEgyptian President Hosni Mubarak, having been in power for 29 years, resigned, Vice President of Egypt Omar Suleiman made the announcement on state television, Kazakhstan Today reports.