Now viewing: All news
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for February 17:
- Military-air force commander of Kazakhstan appointedMilitary-air force commander of Kazakhstan has been appointed, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Anti-government protests rock LibyaHundreds of Libyan protesters took to the streets Wednesday in the country's second largest city Benghazi to demand the government's ouster, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- A suicide bomber and three insurgents detained at Kiev station in MoscowThree insurgents and a female suicide bomber were detained at the Kiev railway station in Moscow on Tuesday evening, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- CBS reporter sexually assaulted in CairoThe US reporter was sexually assaulted and beaten while reporting in Cairo's Tahrir Square, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- US launching Russian Twitter feedsU.S. State Department is planning to launch Twitter feeds in Russian, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Eggs become healthier than everA study has claimed eggs have become more nutritious over the past decade helping lower blood pressure and lose weight, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Anti-government protests in Bahrain escalateThousands of protesters are gathering in the Bahraini capital Manama after two days of clashes with police demanding political reforms from Bahrain's rulers, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Food prices close to record levelsWorld Bank chief Robert Zoellick said food prices are at "dangerous levels" and and threaten tens of millions of poor people around the world, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Eight-year-old boy helps deliver his baby brother at homeAn eight-year-old Oklahoma boy helped deliver his baby brother at home when his mother went into labour in the middle of the night, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Silvio Berlusconi will stand trial on underage sex chargesSilvio Berlusconi will stand trial on charges of sex with an underage prostitute and abuse of power, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Fiber-rich diet means longer lifeA new study of People National Institutes of Health claims people who consume higher amounts of fiber, particularly from grains, have significantly higher chances of living longer, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Russia refuses to support UN's sanctions on IranRussia has refused to support UN's sanctions on Iran, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Turkmenistan, Iran not signed agreement on a moratorium on sturgeon catchTurkmenistan and Iran have not signed the agreement on moratorium on sturgeon catch, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Manneken Pis statue stolenThe statue of Manneken Pis, a miniature fountain-sculpture, has been stolen from the central square in the East Flemish town of Geraardsbergen, Kazakhstan today reports.
- Pro-Kurdish protests swept across TurkeyPro-Kurdish protests swept across Turkey on Tuesday, Kazakhstan Today reports.