Now viewing: All news
- Kazakhstan citizen run down by his own car in New ZealandA 54-year-old man from Kazakhstan has been run down by his own car in New Zealand, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Three killed in Japan aftershockA fresh round of tremors, including one with a magnitude of 6.3, shook northern Japan on Tuesday afternoon, the Japan Meteorological Agency said, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Drinking during pregnancy triples risk of premature birthDoctors warned that women who drink alcohol during pregnancy are up to three times more prone to deliver a premature baby, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Ivorian strongman Laurent Gbagbo capturedThe elected Ivory Coast president ended a bloody, four-month standoff with the capture of his rival, the longtime strongman, who lost the vote but refused to give up power, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Kazakhstan not to raise excise duties on oil productsKazakhstan is not considering any raise in excise duties on oil products, Economic Development and Trade Minister Zhanat Aitzhanova said Monday, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Japan raised nuclear crisis to highest levelThe Japanese government has raised its assessment of the severity of the crisis at the Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear plant from 5 to 7, the highest level on the International Nuclear Event Scale, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Kulibayev will head Samruk-Kazyna fundTimur Kulibayev will head Samruk-Kazyna National Wealth Fund, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- 50 anniversary of the first man in space celebrated at BaikonurToday, 12 April 2011, is the 50th anniversary of the first human spaceflight on 12 April 1961 by Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Libya rebels dismiss AU peace planLibyan rebels on Monday rejected African Union peace plan calling for ceasefire between the rebels and forces loyal to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, because it did not include the ouster of the ruling family, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- India's PM to visit KazakhstanThe Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh will visit to Kazakhstan on April 15-16, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Kazakhstan appoints new foreign, economy and agriculture ministersKazakhstan has appointed new foreign, economy and agriculture ministers, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Minsk metro blast leaves several deadTwelve people were killed and scores injured in an explosion in Minsk metro during the evening rush hour on Monday, Kazakhstan Today reports.