Now viewing: All news
- Nearly 500 prisoners escaped from a prison in KandaharAbout 500 prisoners have escaped from a Kandahar prison in southern Afghanistan through a tunnel of 360 meters that was dug for five months, officials said.
- Colour-changing food packaging could end food poisoning by showing when fresh produce has gone offScientists have invented a food packaging, which changes colour to indicate when meat or fish has gone bad.
- Uzbekistan opens up its economy to China rather than EuropeUzbekistan is opening up its economy and vast mineral resources to China rather than Europe.
- Scientists create stronger than steel super-materialScientists have developed new material that is stronger than steel.
- Kazakhstan to chair TurkPAKazakhstan will chair the Parliamentary Assembly of Turkic-speaking countries (TurkPA).
- Brent crude rises over $124 on unrest in Syria, YemenBrent crude futures rose above $124 a barrel on Monday, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Mubarak to be moved to a military hospital ahead of trialFormer Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, now under investigation in connection with the deaths of protesters, will be transferred to a military hospital.
- Nato strike hits Gaddafi compoundNATO forces damaged a building inside Muammar Gaddafi's Bab al-Aziziyah compound early Monday, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Yemen leader Saleh agrees to step down under Gulf planYemen's President Ali Abdullah Saleh has agreed to a proposal by Gulf Arab mediators to step down within 30 days and hand power to his deputy in exchange for immunity from prosecution, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Kazakhstan said to seek a sale of bailed out Alliance Bank stake to EBRDKazakhstan plans to sell a stake in Alliance Bank to the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Man overpowered trying to hijack Alitalia flightA citizen of Kazakhstan tried to hijack an Alitalia flight from Paris to Rome Sunday night, Kazakhstan Today reports.