Now viewing: All news
- China seizes 26 tonnes of melamine-tainted milk powderAuthorities seized 26 tons of melamine-tainted milk powder from an ice cream maker in southern China, state media said Wednesday.
- Asbestos, Japan tsunami's other hidden dangerDespite its long-known harmful effects, asbestos has found its way into private houses and buildings across Japan, causing irreparable and sometimes fatal damage to people unknowingly exposed to the substance.
- Rising seas scariest climate impactSea level rise is the "most terrifying" impact of climate change.
- Western leaders call for Nato to target GaddafiSenior western leaders called for NATO to adopt an assassination policy against Col Muammar Gaddafi, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- A long hot soak on a cold day could be bad for the heartGetting into a hot tub on a chilly day causes a rapid blood pressure drop, which causes mild stress to the heart, the Japanese reserchers warn.
- Pharaoh statue unearthed in EgyptEgyptian archaeologists have unearthed the biggest statue of Tutankhamun's grandfather Amenhotep III and another of the goddess Sekhmet.
- Max Petroleum signs rig contract for exploration programmeKazakhstan-focused oil and gas explorer Max Petroleum plc has agreed a contract with Saipem for a National 1625 DE onshore drilling rig for its deep pre-salt exploration programme.
- Egypt gas pipeline to Israel and Jordan explodesA pipeline that sends natural gas from Egypt to Israel and Jordan exploded early Wednesday morning, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Sberbank aims to triple investment in KazakhstanSberbank's Kazak unit aims to grow net income this year.