Now viewing: All news
- Nazarbayev to visit Georgia in 2012Today in Akorda President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev received the Prime Minister of Georgia Nikolos Gilauri
- Roadside bomb kills 19 civilians in south AfghanistanThe deaths come as funerals took place for the victims of Tuesday's devastating bomb attacks.
- Kazakhstan increases grain harvest in net weight by 2.1 timesThe current grain harvest in the country hit an unprecedented record rate. During the 2011 harvest campaign 29.7 million tons of grain has been gathered in and the yield totaled 18.5 hundredweights per hectare.
- Parliament of Kazakhstan passes law on amnesty16,187 people will be covered under the amnesty, including 2,142 people are released from prison, the Minister of Justice Rashid Tusupbekov noted.
- Kazakhstan extends fuel exports ban"At present Kazakhstan and Russia are negotiating on the amount of gasoline supply in 2012," Kazakh Minister of Oil and Gas Sauat Mynbayev said at a plenary sitting of the Kazakh Parliament's Senate today in Astana.
- Kazakh Ministry of Agriculture and Microsoft Kazakhstan sign memo on strategic cooperationExecutive Secretary of Kazakh Ministry of Agriculture Eugeny Aman, President of Microsoft Central & Eastern Europe Don Grantham and representative of "Microsoft Kazakhstan" Alla Ponomareva signed the memorandum.
- President visits Hazret Sultan mosque"It is the biggest mosque in Central Asia. It is built not at the expense of the state, but by donations from people. Its construction will be completed next year. We will open this facility after the construction completion," N. Nazarbayev said to journalists.
- Masimov met Georgian PM"We confirm our interest in continuation of investing in the Georgian economy and opportunity of export of the Kazakh cargo through the territory of Azerbaijan and Georgia," the Kazakh PM said.
- US to support gay rights abroadThe directives requiring "immediate response" to all cases of violation of the rights of gays, lesbians and bisexuals were sent to American embassies.
- Kazakh Foreign Minister participates in OSCE Ministerial Meeting in VilniusKazakhstan has once again reaffirmed its commitments to human rights and fundamental freedoms, said the Kazakh Minister of Foreign Affairs Yerzhan Kazykhanov at a meeting of the Council of OSCE Foreign Ministers held in Vilnius.