Now viewing: All news
- 56 mobile Public Service Centers to be launchedThe new Centers will be launched due to optimization of maintenance costs of the existing Centers for this year, the Prime Minister's official website quotes the press service of the Ministry of Transport and Communications.
- Drug Enforcement Administration in Almaty lost most of the staff after recertificationWork in Almaty DEA is almost stopped. The whole staff in one of the DEA departments is fired without exception, as they do not correspond to the positions held.
- Construction of aromatic hydrocarbon complex started at Atyrau Oil RefineryGeneral construction works such as pile driving, foundation seal, concreting foundation grills and foundations are currently underway at the construction sites, the Prime Minister's official website quotes the press service of the Ministry of Oil and Gas of Kazakhstan.
- Presentation of the U.S. foreign policy program for Central Asia cancelled in AlmatyA presentation by Robert O. Blake, Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs of the U.S. foreign policy program 'New Silk Road', scheduled for August 14 this year, is canceled due to changes in the schedule of the U.S. delegation visit/
- Kazakhstan ranked 12th in Olympic medal standingsKazakh athletes won 13 medals, including 7 gold, 1 silver, 5 bronze medals. Gold medals were won by: a cyclist Alexander Vinokurov, weightlifters Zulfiya Chinshanlo, Maya Maneza, Svetlana Podobedova and Ilya Ilyin, an athlete Olga Rypakova and a boxer Serik Sapiev.
- Nazarbayev expressed condolences to the people of Iran over the earthquakeTwo strong earthquakes occurred on Saturday near the city of Tabriz. One push of magnitude 6.4 was recorded 60 kilometers north-west of the city, and after 11 minutes at 49 kilometers to the north-west of the city a push of a magnitude of 6.3 was registered.