Now viewing: All news
- Kazakhstani officials blamed for the failure of complex testing of applicantsSociologists Institute of Political Solutions found out what people think about the first testing of college and vocational school graduates conducted this year with the result that the vast majority of students did not get even a passing score.
- Kazakhstan, Vietnam to develop cooperation in oil and ore mining spheres"Oil and ore mining sectors are quite promising for investing for our countries," PM.kz site quotes Hoang Quoc Vuong.
- Bomb threat delays 11 flights at Almaty International AirportThe employees and passengers were evacuated from Almaty International Airport due to an anonymous phone call received about 5.50 p.m., saying that a bomb planted in the building.
- Four men arrested in Atyrau on charges of organizing a terrorist groupOn September 9, 2012 Atyrau city court issued an arrest warrant of four people for a period of two months: two residents of Atyrau, a resident of Zhylyoi district and a resident of Mangistau region, suspected of involvement in the creation and participation in a terrorist group.
- Ex-Chairman of Environmental Control Committee put on international wanted listOn June 19 this year a criminal case on the fact of abuse of authority with the damage to state amounting to $1.4 bln was initiated against Mutashev and Turekeldiev.
- Construction of deep oil conversion complex started in AtyrauThe project partially implemented under financial support of the Development Bank of Kazakhstan is a final stage of the total reconstruction of the Atyrau oil refinery.
- Nazarbayev and Bordyuzha discussed Kazakhstan's chairmanship in CSTODuring the talks the sides discussed issues of security in the CSTO, preparations for the next session of the Collective Security Council and the priorities of Kazakhstan's chairmanship in the organization.
- Council on Competitiveness created in KazakhstanPrime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan signed a decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan of September 5, 2012 № 1142 "On creation of the Council on Competitiveness of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan".
- Net profits of Kazakhstan Railways in first 6 months dropped by 3.5%In the period from January to June, the net profits of the National Company were estimated at 63.1 billion tenge, which is 3.5% less than in the same period in 2011.
- Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan strengthen trade and economic cooperationExperts believe that the economy of the two countries is in need of active integration. Today, the two states have substantial economic potential, common backgrounds and old friendly relations.
- Kazakhstan develops domestic tourismKazakhstan is actively developing all kinds of tourism. Although in the pre-crisis time, business tourism was the first, today it is the market of ecotourism which is witnessing growth.