Now viewing: All news
- Russian companies to invest $ 5.5 bln into Kazakhstani industrial projectsRussian partners actively help in the innovative industrialization of Kazakhstan economy "contributing to this important process for our country - 26 projects with a total investment of $ 5.5 billion."
- Almost 30% of pastures in Kazakhstan are on the down-gradeTo regulate relations connected to the efficient and rational use of pastures Mazhilis group developed a draft law "On pastures", a member of the Agriculture Committee, Zheksenbay Duisebayev said yesterday during a roundtable discussion of the document in the Majilis.
- May 7th to be a national holidayThe adoption of the bill will have a positive effect on the moral education of Kazakhstan's citizens, will enable to increase the prestige and promote the image of our army and armed forces both in the country and abroad.
- Russia may double its imports of grain from Kazakhstan and UkraineDuring years of good harvests, Russia's wheat import volumes are not significant and cannot have a substantial effect on its (domestic supply-demand) balance. This year the situation is completely different and grain imports may become an important factor for the stability of the grain balance.
- GE Transportation and Kazakhstan Temir Zholy to produce passenger locomotivesGE will deliver 110 of its Evolution Series locomotive kits, which will be assembled by Lokomotiv Kurastyru Zauyty, a joint-stock company of Kazakhstan and a subsidiary of Kazakhstan Temir Zholy.
- Nazarbayeva proposes to revise the treaty of Kazakhstan with the Holy See"Today, thank God, it is 2012, and we, and our society are facing new challenges, including those associated with our religious communities. Therefore, in order to avoid misunderstandings, we were told that this is an urgent need to take an important political issue. We understand our responsibility, and we are now going to vote for him. At the same time, I propose to recommend to return to the treaty in order to review and bring it into compliance with our laws," Nazarbayeva called.
- Al Hilal Bank Kazakhstan eyes retail sectorSpeaking on the side lines of the Global Islamic Finance Forum in Kuala Lumpur, Abraham explained that Islamic finance has been a tough sell to Kazakhstan's population, who are sold on rates, not religion.
- Kazakh-Russian business forum held in PavlodarOver 450 delegates of the forum discussed the topical issues regarding bilateral business cooperation such as formation of a common financial market, search for common approaches to innovations development.
- 24 rare birds found in plane in KazakhstanInvestigators are working on tracking down the bags' owner.
- Kazakh reporter wins Peter Mackler Award in WashingtonAs the edition writes, Lukpan Akhmedyarov is well known for his investigative coverage of corruption and human rights abuses.