Now viewing: All news
- ADB to invest up to $1.6 bln in KazakhstanThe $100 million allocated for the finance sector will be used to strengthen small and midsize enterprises' access to finance as well as to facilitate trade and invest in related infrastructure.
- Customs Union to unify risk management systemsThe matter was discussed at a session of the Board of the Customs Committee of the Belarus-Russia Union State on September 20.
- Four suspected terrorists killed in Atyrau regionOn September 20 in the Koktem village in the Atyrau region law enforcement detained in the house four suspects of being involved in an attack against police in Atyrau a week ago.
- Kazakhstan intends transporting 64 million tons of oil to Black SeaThe first oil is expected to be obtained from the Kashagan field in the first quarter of 2013.
- KazMunaiGas EP Appoints Zhamauov as Chief of Embamunaigas UnitThe unit also named Abat Nurseitov as chairman at its first board meeting in Atyrau today, KazMunaiGas EP said in an e- mailed statement.
- Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan signed a contract to supply 320 thousand tons of coal200 thousand tons of Kazakhstan's fuel has been delivered to Kyrgyzstan.
- Max Petroleum does not find oil at Kazakhstan wellThe DOSNW-1 exploration well reached a total depth of 1,334 metres, the company said.
- Ministry of Environmental protection develops "Green Economy" planToday Kazakhstan invests 1% of the GDP into non-hazardous production. In the next five year the government is planning to increase this amount to 2% or by 100 million US dollars.
- Today is the International Day of PeaceIt is dedicated to peace, and specifically the absence of war and violence, such as might be occasioned by a temporary ceasefire in a combat zone for humanitarian aid access. The day was first celebrated in 1982, and is kept by many nations, political groups, military groups, and peoples.
- About 100 prisoners serving life terms in KazakhstanAs of December 31, 2011 correctional institutions hold 53 thousand 338 people, including 95 prisoners serving life sentences. Prison population during the Kazakhstan's independence was reduced, but, despite this, still remains high.
- Parents of killed border guards on Argkankergen require exhumationsThey doubt allegedly after communicating with psychics who in insist that their children are still alive.
- Kazakhstan, South Korea ink MoU for nuclear energy researchThe memorandum was inked during the meeting of Samruk-Energy and KEPCO senior managers upon directions of Nursultan Nazarbayev that he gave following the nuclear security summit in Seoul.
- Moscow and Bishkek invite Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan to participate in HPP projects in KyrgyzstanThe participation in the projects will also provide the management of companies within the joint projects.
- MPs ask to renew the worn agricultural machinery"Today, the machines produced before 2000 are used for harvesting, of which the write off are 71% of combines, 83% of harvesters, 92% of tractors. To improve production farms there is a need to replace more than 30 000 combines, harvesters and 12 000 140 000 tractors. As you can see, the need for the above machines is very high," the deputy of Majilis, Aikyn Konurov says in the deputy request to the Prime Minister on Thursday.
- Presidential adviser does not exclude that in the future akims will be elected"According to the Constitution, Kazakhstan is a democracy state and elections is a core of democracy. President is elected by the people. Parliament is elected by the people. Maslihats are elected by the people. Time will come, when will directly elect akims of cities and settlements."