Now viewing: All news
- Two followers of radical religious movements wanted for mass murder in Ile-Alatau parkFor committing of this heinous crime two followers of radical religious movements, residents of western Kazakhstan, Sayan Hayrov and Zaurbek Botabaev from of Zhambyl region, are wanted. The police have warned that they could be armed and very dangerous.
- Agip KCO adopts RTLS technologyThe system provided by British offshore tracking and muster solutions company S3 ID, using real-time location system (RTLS) hardware supplied by Ubisense is expected to go live during the first quarter of 2013.
- Hereford heifers find outlet in KazakhstanAdded to the 500 Herefords already shipped in 2011 by Hubert Maxwell & Co, the market in Kazakhstan has become a major success and a valuable outlet for the breed.
- Kazakhstan's citizens buy shares of Apple and FacebookThe shares of Apple and Facebook, gold futures and stock indices, such as S&P500, Eurostoxx 60 and others have been gaining in popularity recently.
- Kazakhstan to build its first jackupThis will be the first jackup built in Kazakhstan, and will be fabricated, outfitted, and commissioned by Saipem's jointly controlled Ersai Caspian Contractor LLC and Keppel Kazakhstan LLP.
- Abai Opera was premiered in GermanyKazakh conductor Alan Buribayev worked with the international performers. The premiere of the Kazakh opera drew a wide response of German audience.
- S&P affirms Kazakh Temirbank at 'B/B/kzBB', outlook stableAccording to Standard & Poor's press release, "the affirmation of the ratings on Temirbank acknowledges the gradual recovery of Temirbank's financial profile, in line with our expectations."
- Second Asian Grand Prix in archery held in KazakhstanAs a rule, such international tournaments are held in Japan, China and South Korea. The Kazakhstan Federation of Archery, Crossbow and Darts managed to win the right to host the tournament in Kazakhstan.
- Technip Awarded Two Contracts for Refinery Projects in KazakhstanThe first contract, for Pavlodar Oil Chemistry Refinery, is an upgrading project of the Pavlodar refinery, which is scheduled to be completed in the second semester of 2013. The second one, for Petrokazakhstan Oil Product, concerns the revamp of the Shymkent refinery, whose FEED documentation is scheduled to be completed by the end of 2013.