Now viewing: All news
- Max Petroleum shares rise on production tests from Baichonas West"Max said the results showed a commercial discovery with oil in place of around 16 million barrels of oil and expected recovery factors of between 20 and 40 per cent," the online edition reports.
- Kazakhstan's Air Astana expands to the East"However, for Kazakhstan to become a hub it will need upgraded airport infrastructure. "While Almaty Airport recently installed Cat-3B, its capacity is limited and its charges are too high," said Foster.
- Financing of cattle purchase in Kazakhstan will increaseIn order to prevent the slaughter of breeding stock of cattle, the "KazAgro" increased funding of the "Sybaga" state-run programme. The Karaganda, North Kazakhstan, and West Kazakhstan region are the leaders on this indicator.
- Central Asia's market to open with Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railwayThe project was originally designed to connect the transportation systems of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey. Already it is gaining the interest of a growing number of countries wishing to join the route.
- S&P puts stable outlook on Temirbank"Given the amount of problem loans the bank has, we expect nonperforming loans to decline only gradually over the next 12 months," S&P says in a press release.
- Confectionary market of Kazakhstan to grow by 10-15% in 2012The main buyers of cakes, sweets and chocolates are Kazakhstan people at the ages from 18 to 40 with an average monthly income of 60-100 thousand tenge. Experts say that chocolate is a leader among consumed products.