Now viewing: All news
- Kazakh President receives high-ranking officialsAt the meeting, the sides discussed the prospects of trade and economic cooperation between Kazakhstan and the European Union, as well as regional and global security. Catherine Ashton said that the EU supported Kazakhstan's bid to join the World Trade Organization. The President also met the chief executive officer of Shell, Peter Voser.
- Kazakhstan honours former Indian envoyAmbassador Doulat Kuanyshev presented the honour to Sajjanhar, who was ambassador of Kazakhstan from 2007-2010, for his "invaluable contribution to the fruitful development of Kazakh-Indian friendly ties.
- S&P affirms Development Bank of Kazakhstan BBB+/A-2 ratings, outlook stableThe ratings on DBK are equalized with the ratings on its sole owner, the Republic of Kazakhstan, based on our assessment that there is an "almost certain" likelihood that the government would provide timely and extraordinary support sufficient to service all debt, should the need arise.
- Storm warning declared in Almaty region"The Department of Emergency in Almaty warned residents and visitors that travel to the mountainous terrain and outside the city limits is prohibited," said the city Department of Emergency.
- S&P affirms Kazakhstan ratings at 'BBB+/A-2', outlook stableKazakhstan's commodity exports will continue to support the economy and allow it to maintain twin fiscal and external surpluses. Generally, its economic fundamentals remain strong despite the slowdown in 2012.
- East Kazakhstan region holds festive events dedicated to First President DayThe region opened a new office of the centre for the development of youth initiatives as part of festive events dedicated to First President Day.