Now viewing: All news
- Talgat Mussabayev announced plans of KazkosmosKazakhstan needs two satellites. We had the Kazsat-1 satellite, which went to the West. If we had the Kazsat-2, people would had a chance to switch to another satellite. It is called functional redundancy.
- Government approved draft law "On public services"The bill proposes to decentralize the Government's powers on approval of the public service standards by means of transfer of this function to the state bodies. This will simplify their work on timely upgrade of public services and improve their quality.
- Over 156 thousand people employed in Kazakhstan this yearThereat, 10.5 thousand people received government financed jobs. 6.2 thousand graduates were sent to youth practice.
- Number of Employment Program participants increased by 66%100 thousand people were included in the list of the Program participants over 11 months of 2012. The number of unemployed, self-employed and low-income people embraced with the Program increased twofold this year.
- Microcredit to increase three fold in KazakhstanSo called, non-productive self-employed people will be able to obtain microcredit to develop themselves, and as the result to pay taxes and pension contributions.
- Government reviewed results and prospects of implementation of Employment ProgramThe number of people willing to take part in the Program increased by 66% this year. The number of signed social contracts increased by 70% as well.
- Energoprojekt to build $25 million clinic in KazakhstanIts Visokogradnja unit won a $25 million contract to build and equip a clinic in Aktau, Kazakhstan
- Employed youth to be provided with dormitories under housing savings systemLabor contract or social contract with the Employment Center and participation in the housing construction savings system are obligatory conditions for receiving a room in the dormitory. Young people will be able to stay in dormitories for 5 years and save money for housing during this period.
- Car prices in Kazakhstan to see no decreaseThe neighbouring country took the decision to introduce a car recycling tax due to which car prices will remain the same or will possibly see an increase.
- Best Products of Kazakhstan exposition opens in AstanaVirtually all 135 participants in the exposition are innovators in their fields and they are ready to surprise with the uniqueness of their products. For example, craftswomen from Astana use usual sofas to produce exclusive furniture made in the neo-ethnic style, as well as beds and pillows.
- Bank Austria to sell Kazakhstan's ATF BankThe talks are about a controlling stake in ATF Bank. The bank bought a 92% stake in ATF Bank, Kazakhstan's fourth-biggest lender by assets, for $2.1 billion in 2007, at the height of the credit boom.