Now viewing: All news
- Financial Police conducts checking in BTA BankFinancial policemen demanded reports on costs on the business center of Samal Towers. In 2010 by the decision of Almaty city court the complex was transferred to the ownership of BTA. As it turned out, during the year, when there was a lawsuit, the bank illegally rent out office space.
- Kazakhstan's GDP growth to reach 6% this yearThe country's steel production reduced by 15.6%. Thus, the negative contribution to GDP was 0.2 percentage points. The main reason for the decline in output in addition to reducing demand was the unstable operation of blast furnaces and high equipment failure rates at JSC "ArcelorMittal Temirtau".
- US Ambassador insisted on a methadone program in KazakhstanWhen Salidat Kairbekovawas appointed Minister of Health, U.S. Ambassador Richard E. Hoagland wrote her a letter in which by plain text said that if the methadone program was not continue, it would be called into question the possibility of further grants from the Global Fund Kazakhstan. We do not need their money at this price!" said in an interview for Metropolis newspaper president of the National Medical Association Aizhan Sadykova.
- Kazakhstan National Fund assets grew by 9.8% to USD 63.5 bn"Total funds of the National Fund, including the portfolio of bonds of JSC "National Welfare Fund "Samruk-Kazyna" and JSC "National Holding "KazAgro", amounted to more than 75.6 billion U.S. dollars and increased by 9.3%," the Prime Minister's official website quotes Dossayev.
- Strong winds blew out windows and tore off the roof at a school in Almaty regionOn July 22 at 2:45 p.m. in Akkol village of Balkhash region due to strong winds (gusts up to 20 meters per second) 146 square meters of the roof of the secondary school building were blown off, the press service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Kazakhstan informed.