Now viewing: All news
- Korean short track speed skating team won the relay raceIn the end, Korean athletes won, while China came second. Athletes from Kazakhstan were third, having outran their Japanese rivals.
- President Nazarbayev extends borders of Astana cityHead of State Nursultan Nazarbayev decreed to extend the borders of the Kazakh capital Astana, Kazinform has learnt from the president's press service.
- Foreigner killed by avalanche in mountains in AlmatyA man was killed by an avalanche that occurred at the Shymbulak ski resort near Almaty city. The accident happened just a 15-minute drive from the city.
- The final set of medals was contested at the Alatau Cross Country Skiing and Biathlon Complex.The result of the race was determined by speed. Jouty managed to outrun Pantov and secured the victory. Yeryomin also overtook Pantov and came second. Pantov won the bronze medal as a result.
- Bakytzhan Sagintayev instructed governors be responsible for reports to the citizensDuring the meeting of the Government of Kazakhstan, Prime Minister of Kazakhstan Bakytzhan Sagintayev instructed governors and ministers to be thoroughly prepared for the forthcoming reports to the citizens of Kazakhstan.
- Galina Vishnevskaya from Kazakhstan became a two-time champion of the Universiade in biathlonThe competitors of Vishnevskaya were not as successful in shooting. After a string of misses, athletes from Russia and Ukraine competed for the second and the third place.
- The Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan presented the amendments to the legislation on land relations
The Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan presented the amendments to the legislation on land relationsTransfer of agricultural land for rent to citizens of Kazakhstan will take place openly and under maximum control. This was announced at a meeting of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, where the amendments to the legislative acts of Kazakhstan on regulation of land relations were reviewed.
- The Government of Kazakhstan considers a work plan for the first half of 2017The work plan of the Cabinet on the first half of 2017 is considered at a meeting of the Government in Astana.