Now viewing: All news
- Kazakh Foreign Minister talked with Uzbek, Tajik foreign ministers on the telephoneThe heads of the foreign ministries have congratulated the minister on his new position.
- Seoul shares recover to 2,000-point levelSouth Korean stocks made a comeback to regain the 2,000-point level Friday as investors sought undervalued shares. The local currency gained ground against the U.S. dollar.
- Thousands of tourists leave Thailand amid the coming tropical storm PabukThe storm heads the southern parts of the country with heavy rains, wind and seven-meter waves. Evacuation is underway since January 2.
- Apple admits fall in demand for iPhones, cuts revenue guidance for Q1 fiscal quarterApple said Wednesday that demand for iPhones on the market is declining and its revenue guidance for its fiscal 2019 first quarter, which ended on Dec. 29, 2018, was revised downward.
- Subsistence minimum totalled at KZT26 440 in December 2018A 3.3% rise compared to December of 2017.
- The Louvre: the most visited museum in the worldThe museum's social network pages are visited by a record number of users - 2,7 million on Facebook and 2.4 million on Instagram.
- Kazakh designer's project of a space lab wins in NASA contestThe U.S. Space Agency acclaimed a sketch of a space lab to study non-terrestrial plants by Kazakh Arsen Seksenbayev as the best.
- Daily oil production to reach 370 thousand barrels at Kashagan this yearThe construction of a new artificial island for two natural gas re-injection compressors allow ramp-up of production to 450 thousand barrels per day by 2023-24.