Now viewing: All news
- Tokyo Olympic volunteer applicants top 200,000, far surpassing targetOrganizers of the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games said Thursday that 204,680 applicants have now registered to be volunteers at next year's event.
- China clones gene-edited monkeysChina has cloned five monkeys from a gene-edited macaque with circadian rhythm disorders, the first time multiple monkeys have been cloned from a gene-edited monkey for biomedical research.
- Death toll rises to 26 in Indonesia floods, landslidesDeath toll has risen to 26 after torrential rains triggered massive landslides in central Indonesia, local media reported Thursday.
- The world marks today the first-ever International Day of EducationThe United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 24 January as International Day of Education in celebration of the role of education for peace and development.
- 343 thousand Kazakh citizens took vacations abroad in 2018The top three popular destinations among Kazakh tourists were Turkey, Egypt and the UAE in 2018, according to the statement.
- World Trade Centre to emerge in AstanaPresident Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev has approved the design of a World Trade Center building.
- 16 new hotels to grow up in Burabay districtKZT1.7 billion was funneled from the regionИs budget to construct the infrastructure facilities.