Now viewing: All news
- 9bn tenge required for population census in KazakhstanOn the sidelines of a roundtable meeting held in the Majilis, Chairman of the Statistics Committee of the National Economy Ministry Nurbolat Aidapkelov told mass media when the next census would be held and how much money is required for it.
- Kazakhstan climbs 42 spots in Global Cybersecurity IndexAccording to the report of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Kazakhstan ranks 40th in the Global Cybersecurity Index 2018/2019. The country has climbed 42 positions from last year's rankings (82nd).
- Dozens killed in Bangladesh building fireDozens of people were killed on Thursday when a fire broke out in a high-rise building in Bangladesh's capital Dhaka, officials said.
- Foreign leaders congratulate Kassym-Jomart Tokayev on assumption of officeGlobal leaders continue to send their telegrams and letters of congratulations to Kassym-Jomart Tokayev on the occasion of assumption of the office of the President of Kazakhstan.
- Solskjaer confirmed as permanent Manchester United managerOle Gunnar Solskjaer has been confirmed as Manchester United's permanent manager, the club said this week.
- Japan sees record high number of foreign residentsThe number of foreign residents officially living in Japan reached a record high of 2.73 million by the end of 2018, the country's Ministry of Justice said. That was a 6.6 percent rise from a year earlier.
- British parliament to hold vote on withdrawal deal on FridayBritish lawmakers will hold a vote on the withdrawal agreement on Friday in a fresh effort to break the current Brexit deadlock.
- Kazakh FM paying official visit to ChinaKazakh Foreign Minister Beibut Atamkulov is paying an official visit to China. The Kazakh FM held bilateral talks with member of the State Council, Foreign Minister Wang Yi.