Now viewing: All news
- Seoul to install fine dust signal lamps in public parksThe government of Seoul said Thursday it will install signal lights to display levels of fine dust air pollution at all riverside parks in the capital to caution citizens against health hazards.
- Cold plasma can kill 99.9 pct of airborne viruses: studyDangerous airborne viruses are rendered harmless on-the-fly when exposed to energetic, charged fragments of air molecules, a study of the University of Michigan (UM) posted on its website on Monday shows.
- Football: Europa League quarterfinals to kick offThe UEFA Europa League quarterfinals first-leg matches will kick off on Thursday.
- 2019 Presidential Election: Nomination of candidates to start April 10Kazakhstan's Central Election Commission has announced a timeframe of the 2019 Pesidential election campaign. As per it, the nomination of the candidates shall start on April 10 and finish on April 28, 2019
- Almaty to build 10 ski resorts"It is planned to build 10 ski resorts in Almaty to boost mountain skiing tourism," deputy head of the Almaty city tourism department Kalibek Akylbekov said.
- David Malpass takes office as World Bank presidentDavid Malpass on Tuesday took office as the president of the World Bank Group, and said he looks forward to undertaking the task with enthusiasm.
- Parliament passes 2019-2021 budget amendmentsThe Majilis members agreed with the Senate's changes to the bill "On the Introduction of Amendments to the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan On the Central Government Budget for 2019-2021".
- UN chief calls for more investment in quality educationUN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Tuesday highlighted the importance of investing in quality education and decent work for all young people.