Now viewing: All news
- Two Kazakhstani athletes disqualified for dopingAn updated list of the athletes, who were disqualified after testing positive for prohibited substances, was published on the website of the Kazakhstan National Anti-Doping Centre.
- 18 documents inked at Supreme Eurasian Economic Council Summit in Nur-SultanPresident of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev has participated today in an extended meeting of the Supreme Eurasian Economic Council.
- UN launches new fund to advance sustainable development in Aral Sea regionUN Secretary-General Antуnio Guterres has urged countries to fund a new initiative designed to reduce vulnerability, advance sustainable development and create decent living conditions for millions of people living around the Aral Sea, whose basin encompasses Uzbekistan, and six other countries in Central Asia.
- Sleeping too long or too little may affect cognitive performance: studyEither sleeping for less than seven hours or more than nine hours could affect one's cognitive performance such as visual memory and reaction time in a negative way, according to a study released on Tuesday by the University College London (UCL).
- Good-natured girl, Burmese specialist killed in mass stabbing in JapanHanako Kuribayashi was known as being a thoughtful and good-natured girl and Satoshi Oyama was recognized as a specialist in Burmese and highly qualified Foreign Ministry official. The two were killed in a stabbing attack near Tokyo on Tuesday morning.
- EU provides 11 million euro to support business projects in Central AsiaOn 28 May, the information session of the EU financed programme Central Asia Invest V was held in Nur-Sultan.
- 8,000 children to attend parade of orchestras in capital of KazakhstanThis year the incredibly bright event will bring together above 8,000 students of schools and colleges, music and arts schools, Palace of Schoolchildren, Kazakh National University of Arts, Zhas Ulan Republican School in the capital of Kazakhstan.
- Export by Belarusian Bellesbumprom to Kazakhstan up 8.2% in Q1Companies affiliated with Bellesbumprom exported $5.5 million worth of goods to Kazakhstan in Q1 2019, which was up by 8.2% year-on-year, Ruzhena Novitskaya, spokesperson for the Belarusian timber, woodworking, pulp and paper industry concern Bellesbumprom.