Now viewing: All news
- Study links variation in brain energy expenditure in childhood with obesity riskOn average, nearly half of the body's energy is used by the brain during early childhood, which could matter for weight gain, a new study suggested.
- Direct Line with Vladimir Putin: President's annual Q&A sessionRussian President Vladimir Putin addresses the nationwide audience during his annual Direct Line question and answer session, during the course of which he regularly manages to answer a multitude of questions flooding in by telephone, text, email, social media, or live via television studios.
- China's Xi arrives in Pyongyang, 1st trip as president to N. KoreaChinese President Xi Jinping arrived in Pyongyang from Beijing by plane on Thursday, making his first trip to North Korea since he came to power in 2013, Chinese state media reported, amid the stalled denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.
- Tengiz oil production set to reach 39 million tonsOil production is on the rise at the Tengiz Field, said Minister of Energy of Kazakhstan Kanat Bozumbayev.
- Kazakh capital to hold YouFest Music FestivalThe grandiose concert of the young Kazakhstani artists YouFest will take place on June 22 in the capital of Kazakhstan as part of celebrations of the Day of the Capital City.
- Aktau Convention on Caspian Sea discussed in LondonThe agreements under the Convention on the Legal Status of the Caspian Sea, as well as further steps on its implementation were the topic of a specialised briefing hosted by the British-Kazakh Society for British politicians, experts and business executives.
- S. Korea to open world's first 5G urban autonomous car driving test bedSouth Korea said Thursday it will set up the world's first 5G-based autonomous car driving test bed in the capital city as it strives to take the lead in future mobility technology.