Now viewing: All news
- Saudi recruits over 350,000 people to serve Hajj pilgrimsSaudi Hajj authorities have recruited more than 350,000 people from various sectors to serve the pilgrims during this Hajj season, said Prince Khalid Al-Faisal, Advisor to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and Governor of Makkah Region, who is also Chairman of Hajj Central Committee.
- 57 dead, 18,000 taken to hospitals in week in Japan heat waveFifty-seven people died due to heat-related medical issues in Japan over the week starting July 29, the government said Tuesday, with the number of those taken to hospitals more than tripling from the previous week's 5,664 to 18,347.
- UEFA Europa League play-off round draw madeThe play-off round draw of the UEFA Europa League has been made on Monday in Nyon, Switzerland.
- President sets several tasks to PM regarding restoration works in ArysPresident Kassym-Jomart Tokayev has received Prime Minister Askar Mamin today.
- Open-air cinemas to be inaugurated in AlmatyMayor of Almaty Bakytzhan Sagintayev backed an initiative of Q-Lab City Projects Laboratory to launch open-air cinemas in the city.
- Interview: Expert reveals psychological benefits, appeal of video gamesNot only are video games at very low risk of becoming problematic, they can actually improve cognitive, emotional and psychological well being, Australian video game researcher and psychologist Prof. Daniel Johnson from the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) told Xinhua on Monday.
- N. Korea fires two short-range ballistic missiles into East Sea: JCSNorth Korea fired two projectiles believed to be short-range ballistic missiles into the East Sea on Tuesday, South Korea's military said, in an apparent show of force against the ongoing joint military exercise between Seoul and Washington.