Now viewing: All news
- Optimistic people sleep better, longer: studyA study of young and middle-aged adults posted on the website of the University of Illinois (UI) on Wednesday found that people who are the most optimistic tend to be better sleepers.
- Kazakhstan clinches 10 medals at Asian Junior Boxing ChampionshipThe Asian Junior Boxing Championship came to an end in Kuwait.
- Wildfires strike Russia’s Zabaykalsky National Park, two Siberian nature reservesFirefighters are combatting intense blazes in the Zabaykalsky National Park as well as in the Barguzinsky and Dzherginsky Nature Reserves in Russia’s Buryatia Region, the local forestry department reported on its website on Friday.
- Malaysia said Friday it will launch a locally manufactured car in 2021.The announcement came as the country's Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad drove visiting Indonesian President Joko Widodo in a Proton Persona car, a 1983 model founded by Mahathir.
- About 400 houses damaged as result of earthquake in TurkeyAbout 390 houses were damaged as a result of an earthquake in Turkey’s Denizli province.
- Strong quake rocks Turkey: above 20 injuredA 4.8 magnitude earthquake shattered Turkey's Aegean coast on August 8 at 11:39 a.m. local time.
- Kazakhstan signed UN Convention on MediationMore than 1,500 delegates from 70 countries attended the signing ceremony of the UN Convention on Mediation, which took place on August 7, 2019 in Singapore. On behalf of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the document was signed by Marat Beketayev, Minister of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan.