Now viewing: All news
- Kazakhstan starts electricity supply to UzbekistanAbout 1 billion kWh will be supplied to the Uzbek power grid during the current year.
- Over 5bn people to face water shortage by 2050 – UN forecastDirector of the Kazakhstan Presidential Institute for Strategic Studies Zarema Shaukenova shared her view on water deficit in the Central Asian region.
- American woman held at Manila airport for hiding baby in luggageThe Philippines police was on Thursday investigating an American woman on charges of human trafficking a day after she was arrested at the Manila airport trying to leave the country with a six-day old baby hidden in her hand luggage.
- Independent Kazakhstan attracted $330 bln of FDI from 120 countriesToday at a press conference in the Government, Deputy Prime Minister Zhenis Kassymbek spoke about the progress in implementing the investment policy of Kazakhstan.
- Overweight kids eat less right after stressful events: studyOverweight adolescents, considered particularly susceptible to stress eating, actually ate less when exposed to a lab stressor, and the foods they eschewed were the high fat and sugar options, a study posted on the website of the University of Michigan (UM) on Tuesday showed.
- Dimash Kudaibergen announces his U.S. solo concert dateThe solo concert of Dimash Kudaibergen will take place on December 10 this year in New York.
- Kazakhstan-Japan film to unveil Busan Film FestivalThe world premiere of Kazakhstan-Japan co-production The Horse Thieves. Roads of Time starring Kazakhstan’s Samal Yeslyamova will take place at the Asia’s largest film festival, the 24th edition of the Busan International Film Festival, slated for October 3-12.
- Stronger focus on nutrition within health services could save 3.7 million lives by 2025Health services must integrate a stronger focus on ensuring optimum nutrition at each stage of a person’s life, according to a new report released by the World Health Organisation (WHO).