Now viewing: All news
- Kazakh President met with U.S. political and expert circlesKazakh President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev has met today with the leading American politicians and expert community in New York as part of his visit to the U.S. The meeting was organized with the support of the Atlantic Council.
- UNESCO to promote new vision of education and measures to fight climate change at UNGA in New YorkDirector-General of UNESCO, Audrey Azoulay, will promote, and mobilize support for the Organization’s leadership in areas of global concern with a special focus on education, environmental science and press freedom at this year’s United Nations General Assembly which she will attend from 21 to 25 September.
- WHO urges countries to spend at least 1 pct more of GDP on primary health careThe World Health Organization (WHO) on Sunday urged all countries to increase spending on primary healthcare by at least one percent of their GDP, so as to close glaring coverage gaps and meet health targets agreed in 2015.
- London hosted business forum for Kazakhs living in UKThe British capital hosted the Otandastar Foundation’s (Otandastar) fourth business forum aimed at establishing and strengthening ties with compatriots living abroad. The purpose of the event was to build business relations with representatives of the Kazakh diaspora in the UK.
- Kazakhstan’s annual oil processing output to exceed 17mn tonnesThe annual oil output in Kazakhstan will exceed 17mn tonnes, according to Deputy CEO of KAZENERGY Association Uzakbay Karabalin. He said it at the 6th International Conference on ‘Oil Processing and Petrochemical Industry in the Caspian and Central Asian Regions" being held in Nur-Sultan today.
- #Abai175: Jackie Chan recites Abai’s poemWorld-famous Chinese actor Jackie Chan joined #175Abai challenge dedicated to the 175th anniversary of outstanding Kazakh poet and philosopher Abai Kunanbayev.
- President Tokayev arrives in USAKazakh President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev has arrived in the United States of America.
- Investments in education sector dropsInvestments in education sector keep falling. In January-August 2019, investments in education were 8% less against the same period in 2018.
- Kazakhstan’s fastest telescope to be launched in AlmatyIn June this year, Nazarbayev University hosted the Second International Conference "Exploring the Energetic Universe 2019", where the launch of a new high-speed telescope in Kazakhstan was announced.