Now viewing: All news
- Air Astana presented first Airbus A321 Long Range aircraft at ceremony in Nur-SultanAir Astana, Kazakhstan’s leading carrier, presented its first Airbus A321 Long Range (LR) aircraft at a ceremony held in the airline’s technical centre at Nursultan Nazarbayev International Airport last week.
- Poor diets damaging children’s health worldwide, warns UNICEFAn alarmingly high number of children are suffering the consequences of poor diets and a food system that is failing them, UNICEF warned today in a new report on children, food and nutrition.
- 14 percent of the world's food is lost after harvesting: FAOA new report launched today by the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation, FAO, provides insights into how much food is lost - as well as where and why - at different stages of the food supply chain, calls for informed decisions for an effective reduction and offers new ways to measure progress.
- NASA unveils new spacesuits for human lunar landingThe U.S. space agency NASA unveiled on Tuesday the next-generation spacesuits to be used in its Artemis program that will send the first woman and next man to the Lunar South Pole by 2024.
- Senate Chairwoman holds talks on sidelines of World Cancer Leaders’ SummitChairwoman of the Senate of Kazakhstan Parliament, Director of the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan - Elbasy Dariga Nazarbayeva, has held a number of meetings on the sidelines of the World Cancer Leaders’ Summit which is taking place in Nur-Sultan.
- Japan to use 710 million yen from reserves to tackle typhoon damageJapan will disburse about 710 million yen ($6.5 million) from reserves in the fiscal 2019 budget to deal with the aftermath of the most powerful typhoon to hit the country in decades, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said Wednesday.
- Uzbeks detained after ‘trying to smuggle endangered baby orangutan’ to KazakhstanUzbek customs officers have stopped an attempt to smuggle an orangutan cub to Kazakhstan.
- Over 100 million euro raised to help rebuild Notre Dame, says French culture ministerA total of 104 million euro have been raised to rebuild the medieval cathedral of Notre-Dame de Paris after April’s devastating fire, French Minister of Culture Franck Riester said on Tuesday.