Now viewing: All news
- Vaping-related lung injury cases in U.S. near 1,500, with 33 deathsThe U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said Thursday that 1,479 vaping-related lung injury cases had been reported across the country as of Oct. 15.
- G-20 finance chiefs warn of downside risks to world economyFinance chiefs from the Group of 20 major economies on Thursday warned of the downside risks facing the world economy despite positive developments in the U.S.-China trade row and the United Kingdom's planned exit from the European Union.
- World Bank: Poverty level in Central Asia declinesAlthough poverty rates in Central Asia continue to decline overall, the pace of poverty reduction is slowing, according to new data released by the World Bank, Trend reports citing World Bank.
- Thousands take to the streets in Lebanon in protest against WhatsApp taxDemonstrations erupted last night in Lebanon over plans for the introduction of a tax on telephone calls made over the internet using the WhatsApp messenger.
- Turkey, US agree over pausing op in SyriaTurkey and the U.S. agreed on pausing of Turkey's anti-terror operation in northern Syria on Thursday.