Now viewing: All news
- World’s oldest woman, ethnic Kazakh, died in RussiaThe world’s oldest woman, ethnic Kazakh Tanzilya Bissembeyeva, was buried in her native village Alcha, in Kransoyarsk district of Astrakhan region, Russia.
- Philippines earthquake toll rises to 7, some 400 injuredAt least seven people have been killed and some 400 injured by a recent 6.6-magnitude earthquake that struck Mindanao island in the southern Philippines.
- British lawmakers say yes to Dec.12 general electionBritain's House of Commons voted on Tuesday night for a snap general election on Dec. 12, which is set to send the country to go to the polls for the first time in December in nearly 100 years.
- Hundreds of koalas feared dead in severe Australian bushfireWildlife officials said Wednesday that hundreds of koalas are feared dead or injured in a severe bushfire burning on Australia's east coast.
- Samsung introduces new foldable phone designSamsung Electronics Co. has showed off a mock-up of a new foldable phone that folds in half horizontally in the latest move to diversify its foldable lineup.
- Drinking more water improves multitasking ability in children: studyDrinking water not only keeps children hydrated, but also increases their ability to multitask, according to a study posted on the website of the University of Illinois (UI) on Monday.
- New S. Korean ambassador to UN vows to focus on Korea peace processSouth Korea's new ambassador to the United Nations vowed Tuesday to focus his efforts on establishing peace on the Korean Peninsula through the global body.