Now viewing: All news
- One child dies of pneumonia every 39 seconds, agencies warnPneumonia claimed the lives of more than 800,000 children under the age of five last year, or one child every 39 seconds, the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) said on Tuesday.
- Venice suffers worst flooding since 1966The Italian city of Venice has experienced its worst flooding since 1966 amid an exceptionally high tide.
- 22 settlements of Aktobe region to be provided with drinking water in 2020Today at the press conference in Aktobe, Governor of the region Ondassyn Urazalin raised the issue of provision of drinking water.
- Customs officers detain Russian with saiga horns worth $623.000A citizen of the Russian Federation was trying to transport saiga horns worth over KZT242 million from Kazakhstan to Russia, the press service of the Kazakh National Security Committee.
- S. Korea to build more smart factories to deal with demographic changeThe plan is the latest in a series of South Korea's efforts to cope with a rapidly aging population amid its chronically low birthrate.
- 50 Afghan women to obtain higher education at Kazakh, Uzbek universitiesOn Tuesday, Brussels hosted a ceremonial event of the launch of an education programme for Afghan women at the Kazakh and Uzbek universities.
- London hosts Kazakh jazz band’s concertThe concert of the student jazz band of the College of the Kazakh National University of Arts (KazNUA) was hosted in London last week ahead of the band’s performance at the Lord Mayor’s Show. The visit of the jazz band was organized as part of the Rukhani Janghyru program, as well as within the Year of Youth in Kazakhstan.