Now viewing: All news
- Microbe can be potential solution to climate crisisMore than 30 years ago, the microbiologist Derek Lovley made an intriguing discovery deep in the sludge of the Potomac River, which runs through the mid-Atlantic section of North America.
- S. Korea's virus cases near 1,300, tests on church followers startSouth Korea's confirmed cases of the new coronavirus approached 1,300 on Wednesday as health authorities started testing about 210,000 followers of a religious sect at the center of rapid infections here.
- Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan ink 52 agrts worth $500mnPrime Minister Askar Mamin has had negotiations with his Uzbek counterpart Abdulla Aripov in Urgench today and participated in II Uzbekistan-Kazakhstan Interregional Cooperation Forum.
- Cost of 2020 Pilgrimage to Mecca gets expensiveIn 2020, the Hajj to Mecca will amount to US $3,350, the press service of the Spiritual Administration of Muslims of Kyrgyzstan reported on Wednesday.
- Five-time grand slam winner Maria Sharapova retires from tennisFive-time grand slam winner Maria Sharapova has announced her retirement from tennis in a column she wrote for Vogue and Vanity Fair.
- China coronavirus death toll hits 2,715A pneumonia outbreak was first reported in Central China's Wuhan city in December.
- Walt Disney's Iger steps down as CEO, parks head Chapek to take reinsWalt Disney Co’s (DIS.N) Robert Iger will step down as chief executive officer, handing the reins to Disney Parks head Bob Chapek, the company said on Tuesday, ending years of speculation on who will take over Hollywood’s most powerful studio.