Now viewing: Society
- First tourist to fly around the Moon in 2015The first ticket to the first commercial space flight around the moon on the Russian manned spaceship has been sold to a VIP-person, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- NASA finds new planets outside solar systemNASA has found new small planets outside our solar system, the agency reports.
- Protein that protects against prostate cancer foundScientists have discovered a naturally-occurring protein that appears to protect against prostate cancer, the agency reports.
- Plants that can detect bombs developedScientists have developed plants that can detect bombs, the agency reports.
- Obesity hinders breast cancer screeningA new study has found that obesity hinders breast cancer screening, the agency reports.
- Russian military satellite is likely to be lostRussia has likely lost its military satellite in space, the agency reports.
- Japan plans to collect space debris with fishing netsThe Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) plans to collect space debris using metal fishing nets, the agency reports.
- Driver Alcohol Detection System in cars will not allow engine to start if you've been drinkingScientists have created a built-in alcohol-detection prototype that is built into cars, which will not allow an engine to start if a driver has been drinking, the agency reports.
- Zebrafish to cure heart failureThe British Heart Foundation is to begin a major new research programme to find a cure for heart failure using zebrafish whose heart if removed can grow back in a matetr of weeks, the agency reports.