Now viewing: Society
- Honey may stop antibiotic resistanceNew research has found that manuka honey could play a role in helping to reverse antibiotic resistance and to clear infected wounds, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- 2.6 million pregnancies a year end in stillbirthAround 2.6 million stillbirths occur each year in the world. Ninety-eight percent of the 7 000 stillbirths that occur each day happen in developing countries, researchers said, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- The real reason drinking is more dangerous for womenWomen are more quickly affected by alcohol than men, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Low-fat diet can increase the risk of heart diseaseMany studies have suggested that fat reduction could increase the risk of heart disease, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Stolen Tutankhamun statue recovered in EgyptStolen artifacts, including statue of Tutankhamun, have been recovered in Egypt, Kazakhstan Today reports.