Now viewing: Foreign policy
- UN Representative of Russia supported use of SCO and CSTO as intermediariesThe Permanent Representative of Russia to the United Nations, Vitaly Tchurkin, has supported more active use of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) and the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) in the intermediaries' role. He stated today at the public meeting of the UN Security Council devoted to Intermediary and Disputes Settlement', the agency reports citing the UN News Center.
- Federation Council approved amendments to Russian-Kazakhstan contract of Baikonur complexThe Council of Federation of the Russian Federation ratified the protocol between the government of the Russian Federation and the government of the Republic of Kazakhstan on introduction of the amendments to the contract on rent of Baikonur complex of December, 10th, 1994. The protocol was signed on February, 20th, 2008 in Almaty, the agency reports citing RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).
- Legal base of EurAsEC uniform economic space discussed in MoscowThe legal base of the uniform economic space of the Eurasian Economic Community (EurAsEC) was discussed in Moscow on Tuesday, the agency reports citing the message of the press service of the Ministry of Transport and Communications of Kazakhstan.
- President of Kyrgyzstan signed law on ratification of agreementThe President of Kyrgyzstan, Kurmanbek Bakiev, signed the law on ratification of the agreement between the governments of Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan on the state frontier check points, the agency reports citing the press service of Kyrgyzstan president.
- Conference of Ministers of Internal Affairs of OIC countries opened in BakuThe Conference of Ministers of Internal Affairs of the member countries of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) started its work on Tuesday, the agency reports.
- International Exercises Zhetysu-2009 to be held in Almaty areaThe International Exercises Zhetysu-2009 will be held in Almaty area in September. The main planning conference for preparation and carrying out of the exercises was opened on Tuesday in Almaty, the agency reports.