Now viewing: Politics
- CSTO to assist in providing security in KyrgyzstanSociopolitical situation in Kyrgyzstan is now quiet, though it is too early to speak about long-term stability, the CSTO Secretary General, Nikolay Bordyuzha, said, the agency report citing Vesti. Ru.
- CSTO ready to give Ukraine special statusThe Organization of Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) is ready to give Ukraine a special status and to consider if necessary the question of accepting this country into membership of this organization. The CSTO Secretary General, Nikolay Bordyuzha, informed in ITAR-TASS interview.
- RATS SCO to provide safety of OSCE summit in AstanaThe Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (RATS SCO) will render assistance in providing safety of the summit of the heads and governments of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) in Astana. The decision was accepted today during the 17th RATS session in Almaty, the agency reports.
- President signed decree on convocation of XVI session of Assembly of People of KazakhstanXVI session of the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan will take place on October, 20, 2010 in the city of Astana, the agency reports citing the Kazakhstan president's decree on convocation of the sixteenth session of the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan, published today in official press.
- Majilis passed amendments to Republican budget of 2010 - 2012The deputies of Majilis of Parliament of Kazakhstan at the plenary session passed the bill on the amendments and additions to the Law on the Republican budget of 2010 - 2012, the agency reports.
- Shukeev informed President of negotiations on accession of Kazakhstan to WTOThe head of state, Nursultan Nazarbayev, met First Vice Prime Minister of Kazakhstan, Umirzak Shukeev. U. Shukeev informed the President of the results of the visit of the governmental delegation of Kazakhstan to the USA that held negotiations regarding accession of Kazakhstan to the WTO, the agency reports citing the president's press service.