Now viewing: Society
- US launching Russian Twitter feedsU.S. State Department is planning to launch Twitter feeds in Russian, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Eggs become healthier than everA study has claimed eggs have become more nutritious over the past decade helping lower blood pressure and lose weight, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Food prices close to record levelsWorld Bank chief Robert Zoellick said food prices are at "dangerous levels" and and threaten tens of millions of poor people around the world, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Eight-year-old boy helps deliver his baby brother at homeAn eight-year-old Oklahoma boy helped deliver his baby brother at home when his mother went into labour in the middle of the night, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Fiber-rich diet means longer lifeA new study of People National Institutes of Health claims people who consume higher amounts of fiber, particularly from grains, have significantly higher chances of living longer, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Manneken Pis statue stolenThe statue of Manneken Pis, a miniature fountain-sculpture, has been stolen from the central square in the East Flemish town of Geraardsbergen, Kazakhstan today reports.