Now viewing: Society
- Newer contraceptive pills double the danger of blood clotsWomen using newer brands of the Pill may be higher risk of blood clots.
- Egyptian activist Wael Ghonim - most influential person of the yearThirty-year-old Wael Ghonim, the Google executive who became the face of the Egyptian revolution, topped Time magazine's yearly list of the world's 100 most influential people.
- A book about Colton's journey to heaven broke all sales recordsA boy who almost died from a ruptured appendix and later said he had met his great grandfather in heaven is now best selling author.
- 2011 Nissan Leaf wins world car of the yearThe Nissan Leaf was named World Car of the Year an an event at the NewYork Auto Show.
- Japan government announces disaster relief budgetJapan's government approved a 4 trillion yen ($48.5 billion) emergency budget for disaster relief on Friday, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- BP to pay $1bn to clean up Gulf oil spill damageBP has agreed to provide $1 billion to help restore wildlife and habitats in the Gulf of Mexico.