Now viewing: Society
- Loneliness poses health riskLoneliness has been warned to be the cause of depression, poor eating habits, and physical damage, the agency reports.
- Herbal weight loss pills cause serious side effectsMHRA agency in the UK warns people to stop using a weight loss pill sold over the internet and in Chinese medicine shops, the agency reports.
- Coffee boosts women's brainpowerAccording to a study drinking coffee can boost the brainpower of women in stressful situations, the agency reports.
- Italian women to participate in a protest against Silvio BerlusconiItalian women plan to participate in a protest against Silvio Berlusconing intending to throw pairs of knickers at his mansion in protest at his attitude towards women and his involvement in an alleged prostitution ring, the agency reports.
- Internet speed test ranks Kazakhstan 66Internet speed test ranks Kazakhstan 66, 5,44 Mbit/s, out of 167 countries, the agency reports.
- Scientists make cloak that hides objectsResearchers have built an 'invisibility cloak' that can hide everyday objects by splitting light, the agency reports.
- Gulf of Mexico expected to recover from BP spill by end 2012The Gulf of Mexico should recover from the massive BP's oil spill by the end of 2012, the administrator of the $20-billion victims compensation fund said on Wednesday, the agency reports.