Now viewing: Society
- Hibernation secrets of black bears could help humansThe researchers have studied the range of physiological changes in hibernating black bears and revealed bears' reduced metabolism to 25% of its normal level may be useful in emergency medicine, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- A British mother-to-be fears she can snooze through her child's birthA British mother-to-be fears she can snooze through her child's birth, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Japan ends whale hunt for the whole seasonJapan abandoned the rest of its whale hunting season in Antarctic waters Friday blaming obstruction from the Sea Shepherd protest flotilla, Kazakhstan today reports.
- Drug is found to induce hair growthUS researchers claim they may have found a chemical compound that boosts hair growth by blocking a stress-related hormone associated with hair loss, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- German Defence Minister accused of plagiarising PhD thesisGerman Defence Minister Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg has been accused of plagiarising part of his PhD thesis, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- China magician's synchronised swimming fish show bannedChinese animal rights groups are urging TV stations not to show a magician's synchronised swimming fish show as they believe the use of magnets harm the fish, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Short Ecuadorians are immune to cancer and diabetesInhabitants of Ecuadorian villages are immuned to cancer and diabetes, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Egypt to reopen tourist sites SundayEgypt's newly appointed Minister of Antiquities says the country's tourist sites will be reopened on Sunday, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Sun eruptions to reach EarthBritish researchers said three solar flare eruptions, including the strongest since 2006, are set to collide with Earth's magnetic shield Thursday and Friday, Kazakhstan Today reports.