Now viewing: Society
- Long hours at work increase risk of heart diseaseWorking long hours in the office can increase the risk of heart disease, a new study has found, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Gaddafi rewarded loyal staff with gold watches with his picture on themAn Ukrainian nurse who treated Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi has dismissed rumours that he had a nurse as a mistress and said Gaddafi gives his staff gold watches every year, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Scientists grow live heart in lab from stem cellsAmerican researchers are growing human hearts in laboratories, which they believe could start beating within weeks, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Japan tsunami dog found alive after three weeks adrift at seaA dog rescued from a roof of a partially submerged house more than three weeks after a quake and tsunami has been reunited with her owner, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Japan dumps 11,500 tonnes of radioactive water in oceanJapanese officials on Monday began dumping massive amounts of radioactive water into the Pacific Ocean in order to create space for additional highly radioactively contaminated water, Kazakhstan Today reports.
- Three new ISS crew members launch from BaikonurNASA astronaut Ron Garan and Russian cosmonauts Andrey Borisenko and Alexander Samokutyaev launched in their Soyuz TMA-21 spacecraft from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan at 6:18 p.m. EDT Monday (4:18 a.m. Tuesday, Kazakhstan time) beginning a two-day journey to the International Space Station, Kazakhstan Today reports.