Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for February 14:
- Kazakhstan plans to join WTO in 2009Kazakhstan plans to join WTO in 2009.
- Kazakhstan, Canada finished WTO introduction negotiationsKazakhstan has finished negotiations with Canada on WTO introduction.
- Monetary base increased by 3.1 % in January, 2008 - Kazakhstan National BankIncrease of net foreign assets of the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan in January, 2008 caused expansion of monetary base by 3.1 % - up to 1509.5 billion KZT, the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan informed the agency.
- Commodity turnover between Russia and Kazakhstan exceeded $16.5 billionCommodity turnover between Russia and Kazakhstan, following the results of 2007, exceeded $16.5 billion.
- January inflation made 1.1 % - Kazakhstan National BankInflation in January, 2008 made 1.1 %, in comparison with the similar period of 2007, this parameter has not changed, the agency reports referring to the press service of the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- New Tax Code to operate since January 2009 - PMNew Tax code should operate since January, 2009.
- KazPrime indicator did not change and made 11.21 % annual on KASEFollowing the results of fixing at the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE) on February 13, value of KazPrime indicator did not change and made 11.21 % annual on KASE, the agency reports.
- Average weighted rate is 120.32 KZT per dollarAverage weighted rate of KZT on Kazakhstan stock exchange (KASE) increased by 0.05 on Wednesday against Tuesday and totaled KZT 120.32 per dollar.