Now viewing: Economy
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for February 20:
- New city akim appointed in ShymkentArmand Zhetpisbayev has been appointed akim of Shymkent, who earlier held the post of assistant akim of the oblast, oblast akim press service informed the agency.
- Emergency Ministry warned Arcelor Mittal of possibility of withdrawal of subsoil use rightThe Ministry of Emergency of the Republic of Kazakhstan has warned Arcelor Mittal Temirtau Company of a possibility of withdrawal of subsoil use right. The Emergency Minister of Kazakhstan Vladimir Bozhko informed today during the government session, the agency reports.
- KazPrime indicator decreased by 4 items and made 11.04 % annual on KASEFollowing the results of fixing at the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE) on February 19, value of KazPrime indicator decreased by 4 items and made 11.04 % annual on KASE, the agency reports.
- KASE index on February 18 increased by 2 % - up to 2710.64Following the results of the tenders of the actions at the Kazakhstan stock exchange (KASE) on February 18, 2008 KASE index increased by 53.12 items (2 %) - from 2657.52 up to 2710.64, the agency reports.
- Average weighted rate is 120.19 KZT per dollarAverage weighted rate of KZT on Kazakhstan stock exchange (KASE) decreased by 0.12 on Tuesday against Monday and totaled KZT 120.19 per dollar.
- Georgia interested in importing Kazakhstan grainThe Georgian party expressed interest in deliveries of the Kazakhstan grain at the meeting of the Ministers of Agriculture of Georgia Petre Tsiskarishvili and Kazakhstan Akhmetzhan Esimov, the agency reports referring to the press service of the Ministry of Agriculture of Kazakhstan on Monday.