Now viewing: Economy
- Commodity turnover of SCO member states can exceed $70 billion - MFACommodity turnover of SCO member states in the nearest years can exceed $70 billion. Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan Nurlan Ermekbayev stated during round table on SCO - modern model of regional cooperation on Monday, the agency reports.
- KASE index on May 20 increased by 0.6 % - up to 2768.32Following the results of the tenders of the shares at the Kazakhstan stock exchange (KASE) on May 20, 2008 KASE index increased by 17.78 items (0.6 %) - from 2750.54 up to 2768.32, the agency reports.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for May 21:
- Exchange quotations of lead increasedWorld market of lead faced recession within the last month, but for the last days exchange quotations of lead have increased. Stocks of lead at LME storehouse have increased for the last month.
- KazPrime indicator decreased by 2 items and made 8.78 % annual on KASEFollowing the results of fixing at the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE) on May 20, value of KazPrime indicator decreased by 2 items and made 8.78 % annual on KASE, the agency reports.
- Average weighted rate is 120.61 KZT per dollarAverage weighted rate of KZT on Kazakhstan stock exchange (KASE) increased by 0.08 KZT on Tuesday against Monday and totaled KZT 120.61 per dollar.
- May gold and exchange currency reserves of Kazakhstan increased by 1.4 %International reserves of the country in current prices, including money of the National fund (by preliminary data $23 680.7 million), have increased by 1.4 % and have made $44 653.7 million, the agency reports referring to the message of the National Bank of the Republic.
- KASE index on May 19 increased by 1 % - up to 2750.54Following the results of the tenders of the shares at the Kazakhstan stock exchange (KASE) on May 19, 2008 KASE index increased by 27.76 items (1 %) - from 2722.78 up to 2750.54, the agency reports.
- Turkmenistan to develop education system at the expense of returned Azerbaijan debtThe President of Kazakhstan Gurbanguly Berdymuhamedov ordered to direct $44 million 800 thousand for development of education system in Turkmenistan transferred by Azerbaijan party into account of the reserve currency fund of Turkmenistan, the agency reports referring to the information agency Turkmenistan.ru.