Now viewing: Economy
- Level of inflation kept in limits - governmentKazakhstan government states that it has kept the level of inflation in limits. The Prime Minister of Kazakhstan Karim Masimov stated today at the plenary Majilis session, the agency reports.
- Turkestan akim became assistant akim of South Kazakhstan oblastAli Bektayev has been appointed for the post of assistant akim of the South Kazakhstan oblast for ideological affairs, who earlier held the post of akim of Turkestan, the oblast press service informed the agency.
- KASE index on May 28 decreased by 1.4 % - up to 2669.97Following the results of the tenders of the shares at the Kazakhstan stock exchange (KASE) on May 28, 2008 KASE index decreased by 38.93 items (1.4 %) - from 2708.90 up to 2669.97, the agency reports.
- Eastern Kazakhstan oblast akimat undergone personnel appointmentsEastern Kazakhstan oblast akimat has undergone personnel appointments. Eastern Kazakhstan oblast akim press service informed the agency.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for May 29:
- Kazakhstan government forecasts economic growth rates not less than 5%The government of Kazakhstan states that economic situation has been stabilized and forecasts the rate of economic growth this year at the level of not less than 5%. The Prime Minister of Kazakhstan Karim Masimov stated today at the plenary Majilis session, the agency reports.
- Possible OPEC plans to convert cost of oil to euro to weaken dollar exchange ratePossible OPEC plans to convert cost of oil to euro will weaken dollar exchange rate. The chairman of the board of the State Insurance Corporation for Insurance of Investment and Export Credit (ICIEC) Galym Amerkhodzhayev informed the agency.
- National Bank to reduce marginal reserve requirements on foreign obligations up to 6%The National Bank plans in the near future to reduce MRR on foreign obligations up to 6%. Vice chairman of the National Bank of Kazakhstan Bisengali Tadzhiyakov informed today at the plenary Majilis session, the agency reports.
- 2.1 million hectares of grain sown in Northern Kazakhstan2.1 million hectares of grain, 59 %, have been sown in the Northern Kazakhstan, Regional Agricultural Department informed the agency.
- Average weighted rate is 120.54 KZT per dollarAverage weighted rate of KZT on Kazakhstan stock exchange (KASE) increased by 0.04 KZT on Wednesday against Tuesday and totaled KZT 120.54 per dollar.
- Market of mobile communication in Kazakhstan is most competitive - Eurasian Bank representativeMarket of mobile communications in Kazakhstan is the most competitive. The chairman of Audit Committee of the Eurasian Bank Valery Dordzhiev said during the press conference on change of management of Eurasian Bank on Tuesday.
- KazPrime indicator did not change and made 8.78 % annual on KASEFollowing the results of fixing at the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE) on May 28, value of KazPrime indicator did not change and made 8.78 % annual on KASE, the agency reports.
- World market prices for chrome increasedWorld market prices for chrome have increased. Average spot price for low-carbon ferrochromium (chrome content 68 - 70 %, carbon - 0.10 %) has gone up for the last days.
- Next session of Council of Foreign Investors to take place in AtyrauThe next session of the Council of Foreign Investors will take place in Atyrau on June 6. The Prime Minister of Kazakhstan Karim Masimov stated today at the plenary Majilis session, the agency reports.