Now viewing: Economy
- Growth of GDP in Kazakhstan in 2008 exceeded 3 %GDP growth in Kazakhstan, by tentative estimations, in 2008 exceeded 3 %. The Prime Minister of Kazakhstan, Karim Masimov, informed the leader of the state, Nursultan Nazarbayev, today during the meeting in Almaty, the agency reports citing the president's press service.
- Growth of prices in world market of oil proceedsThe prices in the world market of oil have been increasing for the third session successively, the agency reports citing data of London Stock Exchange InterContinental Exchange Futures (IСE) and the New York Merchantile Exchange, NYMEХ.
- Prices of enterprises - manufacturers of industrial products in December 2008 decreased by 15.5 %The prices of the enterprises - manufacturers of industrial products in Kazakhstan in December, 2008 in comparison with the previous month have decreased by 15.5 %, the Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informed the agency.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for January 7-8:
- Prices for articles of food in December, 2008 grew by 10.8 %The prices for articles of food in Kazakhstan in December, 2008 in comparison with December, 2007 have grown by 10.8 %, Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan informs.
- Akim of Zhelezinsk region of Pavlodar oblast appointedZhanat Shugayev has been appointed akim of Zhelezinsk region of Pavlodar oblast by the order of the oblast akim, Bakytzhan Sagintayev. His candidature had been coordinated with maslikhat deputies, the agency reports citing the message of the press service of the regional administration.
- Assets of Kazkommertsbank in January - September, 2008 decreased by 5.4 %The assets of Kazkommertsbank in January - September, 2008 decreased by 5.4 % and totaled 2835 billion KZT as compared to 2997 billion KZT in the beginning of the year, the agency reports citing the consolidated financial statement of the bank.
- KazMunaiGas purchased 270 073 global depository receipts and 16 389 sharesFrom the beginning of realization of the program of repayment of the shares JSC KazMunaiGas Exploration Production (KMG EP) has purchased 270 073 global depository receipts and 16 389 shares, the agency reports citing the message of the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE).
- Prices in world market of aluminium continue to decreaseThe prices in the world market of aluminium have continued to decrease. The average price of this metal at the London Metal Exchange (LME) at the last tenders has decreased. The stocks of aluminium controllable by LME last month increased.