Now viewing: Economy
- 25 enterprises suspended its workThe Minister of Labor and Social Protection, Berdibek Saparbaev, during the government session informed 25 Kazakhstan enterprises with the total number of 7229 people have suspended their work as of the beginning of 2009, the agency reports.
- Foreign currency exchange rates fixed by National BankThe National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan fixed the foreign currency exchange rates to the tenge for January 14:
- Growth of inflationary pressure not expected in KazakhstanThe chairman of the National Bank of Kazakhstan, Anvar Saydenov, said at today's government session growth of inflationary pressure is not expected in the immediate prospects in Kazakhstan, the agency reports.
- Prices in construction branch in 2008 grew by 8.5 %The prices in construction branch have increased by 8.5% in 2008 in Kazakhstan, the agency reports citing Statistics Agency of Kazakhstan.
- Prices for oil decreased below $37The prices for oil in the world market have fallen below $37, the agency reports citing the New York commodity exchange (New York Mercantile Exchange, NYMEX) and London stock exchange InterContinental Exchange Futures (ICE).
- Prices in world market of gold increasedThe prices in the world market of gold have increased. Following the results of the regular trading session at the stock exchange Commodity Exchange (COMEX - division of New York commodity exchange NYMEX), the price of the February contract of gold has increased.
- Prices for oil in world market gone downThe prices for oil in the world market, following the results of the tenders on Monday, went down, the agency reports citing RosBusinessConsulting (RBC).
- Volume of direct foreign investments into Kazakhstan made $12.842 billionDirect foreign investments into Kazakhstan in January - September, 2008 have increased by about $10.891 billion for the similar period of 2007 up to $12.842 billion, the agency reports citing the data published on the official site of the National Bank of Kazakhstan.
- Consolidated income of Kazakhtelecom for 2008 grew by 3 %Consolidated income of JSC Kazakhtelecom for 2008 totaled 164 billion 390 million KZT and increased by 3 % in comparison with 2007, the agency reports citing the press service of JSC Kazakhtelecom.